Soccer bets are usually made by two types of bettors: those who bet to win and those who bet on fun. Whatever the type, the ultimate goal is to beat your bookmaker. Although football is very unpredictable (that’s what makes football bets even more tempting), you can follow certain guidelines to increase your chances of winning.
The first rule is to be very clear and sure about how to bet and what to bet. Always keep in mind the following points before betting on a team:
Always check the form and recent actions of the team. If available, read the reports of recent matches to see if the team had bad luck because the opposition goalkeeper had a great day, etc.
Local and absent records:
Check the statistics of your house and outside. Some teams play better at home, some play better.
Head to head:
Check the history between the two clubs because in football, most of the time, the story is repeated year after year.
Be sure to always check for injuries and suspensions. What players are missing and how important they are. Check the records of players who are replacing injured players.
Check the motivation of the team and how important it is for them to win the game. Do you really need points, are you interested in the domestic cup, etc.?
Check if the team has had a tight schedule and if they may be tired. Whether the last game they played demoralizing or if the next game will play more important than the current one.
And also follow these simple guidelines for successful betting:
- Bet only what you can afford.
- Define a staking system and stick to it.
- Do not bet on teams or leagues that you don’t know anything about.
- Do not be over-confident because soccer is full of unpredictability.
- In general, stick to betting on league matches, as recent team form is only consistent within the boundaries of that league.
- Do not bet at the beginning of the season. This is important to analyze the recent form of the team
- Avoid outside influences and stick to your analysis and decisions.
- Learn by your mistakes and/or experiences.
- Determine the best return on your bet from various Bookmakers. Comparison of returns from bookmakers is essential, especially on multiple bets or accumulators.
- Bet only when the odds are in you favour. Do not bet for the sake of it.
- Bet only on the smallest combinations of results feasible. 4+ accumulators may give big returns but they are also the hardest to achieve.
- Loyal and regular betters must keep a up to-date record of all bets, returns and losses. This will help you analyze what is going wrong and where.
- Quit when the day is not in your favour.
- Last but the most important one is the mantra of discipline. Betting is all about staying calm and keeping cool especially after a big win or loss. If you have suffered a big loss don’t chase it by betting big and adding up to your losses. Again a big win must not lure you to bet more frequently and sporadically, ultimately resulting in loss.